On Jun 28, 2009, at 5:34 PM, Karl Zander wrote:

This particular autoresponder is not known to be broken.

It's a bit dated, but I have a rant about broken autoresponder here:

 http://goldmark.org/netrants/auto-resp/

As others have said, if an autoresponder is responding repeatedly to the same address in the course of a few days it is certainly behaving badly. Lotus Notes and Exchange autoresponders should not be allowed near the Internet.

I remove people from lists, sending a note to them and their postmaster saying that as long as they use broken autoresponders they should not join any Internet email discussion lists.

-j