On Sat, 10 Jul 2010, franc walter wrote:

OK, again, if I have 3 virtual domains on it:

example1.org
example2.org
example3.org

and i want to have for each domain a separate list:

list1 on example1.org
list2 on example2.org
list3 on example3.org

The emailhost of each of those lists should be like

lists.example1.org
lists.example2.org
lists.example3.org

Do you want the Email addresses for your lists to be <listname>@lists.example1.org, <listname>@lists.example2.org, etc? This is what I think you're saying.

So is this the right setting:

POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['example1.org', 'example2.org',
'example3.org']

If what I've written above is indeed what you want, then the postfix_style_virtual_domains will need to include the "list." part, as these are the Email host part of the adress.

add_virtualhost('example1.org', 'lists.example1.org')
add_virtualhost('example2.org', 'lists.example2.org')
add_virtualhost('example3.org', 'lists.example3.org')

This sets the Email address to be <listname>@lists.example1.org (etc) and the web URL to be http://example1.org/... Again, is this what you want?

In Postfix i put:

relay_domains = lists.example1.org,lists.example2.org,lists.example3.org

You won't want this. Relay_domains, as I understand them, are domains for which you *relay* mail, not domains you actually host on this host.

mydestination = lists.example1.org, lists.example2.org, lists.example3.org,
example1.org, example2.org, example3.org, localhost

Again, you probably don't want your domains in mydestination if they're virtual.

I wonder if i want to add a new virtual domain, now i have to change a lot
in mm_cfg.py (mailman) and also in main.cf (postfix).

All I have to do when adding a domain is add it to our database via postfixadmin, then edit mm_cfg.py and add a call to add_virtualhost() and also add it to POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS. Pretty simple.

newlist --urlhost=example4.org --emailhost=lists.example4.org list4

If you have the add_virtual_host items in mm_cfg.py, you should be able to just do:

newlist li...@lists.example4.org

though I admit to usually using --urlhost and --emailhost anyway just to be sure.

HTH,
Geoff.