On 12/27/2011 08:23 AM, Bernie Cosell wrote:
2003 1.8T.  I happened to notice the other day that the rear interior
lights don't work any more.  I don't normally notice them so I dont' know
how long they've been out [but I was vaguely aware that it was a bit
darker in the car when I opened the doors].  They have three-way tilt
switches [I assume: on/dooropen/off] and no setting of the switch gets
either driver or passenger light to come on.  [so not likely a burned out
bulb, unless both rear bulbs burned out at the same time].

Is this something I could (try to) fix or should I just wait until my
next trip to the dealer?  Thanks!

   /Bernie\

wait for the dealer, if they burn out at the same time it is an indication your charge system is charging to much voltage. you might try asking on an automotive list, as this is a list for folks that run the mailman mailing list software, and not an automotive list at all.

I am soooo tempted to ask if you have any memories of Howard (Cosell) to share...