you're the man :)

-----Original Message----- From: Mark Sapiro
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2012 2:17 AM
To: Khalil Abbas
Cc: mailman-users@python.org
Subject: Re: [Mailman-Users] postsuper

On 7/29/2012 11:20 AM, Khalil Abbas wrote:
Hi, Thanks for the tip, but my problem isn’t with deferred mail,

Then why would "postsuper -r ALL" have any effect?

no mail
is getting rejected from the remote MTA's.. but my problem is that the
main hardware node is distributing the mail over the 120 MX nodes
slowly.. I have set the SMTP_MAX_RCPTS to 5 per message for better
delivery to several MTA's , which means 3 million subscribers are
delivered in groups of 5.. resulting 600,000 messages to be distributed
by the main hardware node.. is that too much? should I split them to
several servers??

Perhaps if you asked your question on a list or forum devoted to
configuring hardware and MTAs for delivering large volumes of mail,
you'd get a better response. This list is for support of Mailman. As far
as I can tell, your issue is downstream of Mailman after Mailman has
successfully delivered your mail to your main outgoing MTA and is
therefore, not a Mailman issue.