Hi.

checked through the 65,397 list messages in my mail archives first, but didn't see anything obvious for this.

on ubuntu MM 1:2.1.14-3 I'm trying to export subscribers at the command line with full names

"list_members -f mylistname"

Characters with diacritics in subscriber names are coming out as "?".
These same characters names look fine on the web "Membership Management... Section", which the HTML header reported as UTF-8.

My console is UTF-8: ( LANG=en_CA.UTF-8 )

I tried piping list_members through iconv for an 8859-1 conversion to UTF-8, in case that's how they were stored. Not sure if I used it right, but the characters were still messed up.

I tried the Jim Tittsler script to fetch names from web, but it crashes with an exception:
 File "./getnames", line 234, in handle_starttag
    'iso-8859-1', 'replace')
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 4: ordinal not in range(128)

I don't know what to try next. Thanks.

Brett