On 4/8/15 11:34 PM, Peter Shute wrote:
Andrew Stuart wrote:

What's on your wishlist for the perfect Mailman web interface?
It would be helpful to me if it somehow allowed an iOS browser to stay logged
in. I haven't found one that will - something to do with cookies expiring when
the app is in the background, I think.

Peter Shute

My understanding is this is a basic problem about using session cookies. In iOS, the browser "session" can end even without "closing" the browser, buy switching to another app, and the OS deciding it needs the memory from the browser so it unloads it, causing the cookies to disappear. Perhaps using a "long-lived" login cookie, but that has other security issues, and I am not positive that iOS browsers keep those either (and many more people have these disabled by default).

--
Richard Damon