On 07/02/2015 03:33 PM, Chris Miller wrote:

> I renamed the directory to just "fakedomain.com" and re-ran fix_url. I
> no longer see the red error message in the web interface, however once
> logged in I continue to see @fakedomain appended in the URL when
> clicking any navigation item. While I can login again with the invalid
> URL, each navigation click continues to append @fakedomain in a
> cumulative fashion.

I do not see this in my test/development installation.

I have however made a few other changes:

- Added '@' to ACCEPTABLE_LISTNAME_CHARACTERS because of fix for
  LP: #1437145.
- Changed fix_url.py to better handle vhost lists.
- Fixed CSRFcheck.py to account for '@' to '%40' changes.
- Fixed generated public archive URL for vhost lists.

The fix_url changes make it more robust in updating lists with '@' in
the name.

In any case, I recommend getting the latest rev. 874 from
<http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~msapiro/mailman/vhost/revision/874> and
upgrading to that.

As far as fix_url is concerned, there are four attributes it is
concerned with, two of which are vhost only. You can see these if you do
(for listname@emaildomain in the web domain webdomain)

bin/dumpdb lists/emaildomain/listname/config.pck

you should see

hostname = 'emaildomain'
list_address = 'listname@emaildomain'
local_part = 'listname'
web_page_url = 'http://webdomain/mailman/'

(the last assumes the default setting for DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN)

If you install rev. 874 and you still have the spurious appending of
'@emaildomain' to URLs issue, I will look further. I suspect there is
some issue with older code assuming the list name is just the short name
and appending '@emaildomain' to 'correct' the URL, but as I say, I don't
see it in my system.