On Sat, 04 Jul 2015 07:22:43 -0700, Mark wrote:

>Mailman has two main configuration paths, $prefix for immutable code,
>etc. and $var_prefix for mutable data. By default, $var_prefix =
>$prefix, but in your case, you or the packager whose package you
>installed configured mailman with $prefix=/usr/lib/mailman and
>$var_prefix=/var/lib/mailman. This is not unusual.
>
>I referred to $prefix rather than $var_prefix in a prior reply only
>because that was the term you used.

Because that's the only one I knew of. Blame Red Hat for this one. :-)
I installed the package as-was from their repository. In fact, if I
didn't read up on it, I'd never know what $prefix is or is meant to
be, as it's neither a defined global environment variable nor symbol.
No matter, that one's cleared up.

>Also, please post to this list from your subscribed address

Oversight.