Henrik Rasmussen writes:

 > In some occasions, a few subscribers of different lists contains
 > the character ​ in the mail-address, like
 > m...@example.com&#8203;<mailto:m...@example.com&#8203;>

This example doesn't make sense to me.  m...@example.com can't be a real
address so you didn't cut and paste, and I don't understand why a
plain-text message would have HTML escapes in it.  (I guess maybe your
mail was pure HTML and autoconverted by mail...@mail.python.org?)  Do
these addresses really have an embedded "mailto:"; URL?

Regarding the address itself.  I don't understand why an address would
have ZWSP stuck on the end.  I would expect something like
"First Last{ZWSP}<m...@example.com>".

 > preventing them from receiving any mails from Mailman. The Unicode
 > is always the same on affected subscribers.

It appears that pasting from (some versions of? some plug-ins of?)
Google Chrome to other applications can have this effect.  Eg,

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7055600/u200b-zero-width-space-characters-in-my-js-code-where-did-they-came-from

 > As what I've read it is a zero space line break unicode character.

Yes.  Technically, a zero-width space, which indicates a word boundary
and *may* be treated as a line-break point or a point for adding space
when text is fully justified.

 > What could course this and how can I prevent it?

Broken software (not Mailman) is injecting the character, and there's
nothing you can do to prevent it at present.  I expect that it's
occurring in the web interface, and my guess would be a list admin
copy-pasting into "mass add members" or a user copy-pasting a full
address with display name into the address field on the listinfo page.

To figure out what to do about it, it would help to have confirmation
that your m...@example.com example accurately represents the
configuration that is occuring.

Mark may have a patch to filter these at subscription time and/or a
withlist script to remove them shortly.