I'm running Mailman 2.1.18-1 on a server here. I'm setting up
announcement only lists for an organization which logically needs
several sibling lists under an umbrella list. I did a Google search for
Mailman and sibling lists and most of the information I turned up is
years out of date and I'm wondering if any progress has been made on
this front.  Here are some considerations.

Only a _single copy_ of posts to the umbrella list should be sent out
to members of the regular_include_lists list of sibling lists,
regardless of how many times an address occurs in the several lists
included in the configuration - master and include lists - or what the
To or CC headers in the original post contain. I understand that this
is how regular_include_lists works.

From <https://wiki.list.org/DOC/What%20is%20an%20Umbrella%20list%20-%20
and%20why%20doesn't%20it%20do%20what%20I%20want%3F> I understand that
information about unsubscribing relates to the umbrella list, so that

From <https://wiki.list.org/DOC/What%20is%20an%20Umbrella%20list%20-%20
and%20why%20doesn't%20it%20do%20what%20I%20want%3F> I understand that
information about unsubscribing relates to the umbrella list, so that
an unsubscribe request won't percolate down to the sibling list(s) on
which the unsubscribing I'm running Mailman 2.1.18-1 on a server here.

From <https://wiki.list.org/DOC/What%20is%20an%20Umbrella%20list%20-%20
[...]

From <https://wiki.list.org/DOC/What%20is%20an%20Umbrella%20list%20-%20
and%20why%20doesn't%20it%20do%20what%20I%20want%3F> I understand that
information about unsubscribing on list posts relates to the umbrella
list. Ideally, since one of the sibling lists will be a paid-members
list, the unsubscribing address should individually be blocked from
receiving posts to the master unbrella list without being removed, or
disabled in the sibling paid-members (or other) list.

Bounce processing should be handled properly so that bouncing addresses
are handled correctly and automatic removal of subscriber addresses
will percolate down to the sibling lists.

How do we stand on this? I could easily do this kind of thing in a
relational database setup, and a lot of it with separate lists, scripts
and cron jobs, but I'd like to use as much of the native abilities of
Mailman as possible.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "The first casualty when
FMP Computer Services |         war comes is truth."