On 10/14/2016 02:11 AM, Henrik Rasmussen wrote:

> ... it seems that the list keeps putting mails with subject Unsubscribe in
> the out directory.
>
> Does Mailman have another queue that I need to empty or filter out?

So these are messages that were originally held (as administrivia or ?)
and "approved" by a moderator.

When a message is held, the message itself is placed in a
heldmsg-listname-nnn.ext file in mailman's data/ directory. (.ext is
normally .pck unless mm_cfg.HOLD_MESSAGES_AS_PICKLES is set False in
which case it is .txt). An entry is placed in the list's request.pck
file which is the basis for the moderator listing in the admindb
interface, and an entry is placed in the lists pending.pck file used to
process 'confirm' actions.

When such a message is approved, the heldmsg file is removed, the
message is marked in its metadata as approved and it is requeued in the
in/ queue for processing by the rest of the pipeline. This and logging
the approval in the vette log occur immediately, i.e. before the admindb
page refreshes).

Thus, the approved message is either in the in/ queue or the out/ queue
or it's been delivered to the MTA.