On 10/14/2016 07:30 PM, Dominik Hoffmann wrote:
> Does the fact that I don't have a file called smtp-failure at
> /usr/local/mailman/logs/ mean that no SMTP errors have occurred, as far as
> Mailman is concerned?

Yes. Assuming that that is the directory that contains at least the
qrunner and error logs and probably also smtp, post, subscribe, etc., it
means that log has never been written and Mailman has not had any
failures in it's SMTP transactions.

This means that everything Mailman tried to deliver to the MTA was
successfully delivered. It doesn't mean the MTA successfully delivered
the message(s) to the next relay. For that kind of failure, there should
be bounces recorded in the bounce log, but they won't say why. For that
you need the MTA log (maybe /var/log/mail.log or
/private/var/log/mail.log - my Macbook has a symlink /var ->
/private/var, but I may have created that).