On 10/19/2016 02:51 AM, Matthias Schmidt wrote:

> Now I get in the system log:
> com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (org.mailman): Service only ran for 1 seconds.
> Pushing respawn out by 9 seconds.
>
> and after that I get:
> The master qrunner lock could not be acquired because it appears as if another
> master qrunner is already running.
> in mailman’s error log

Because the original master IS still running. The PID in the lockfile
exists. The problem is 'mailmanctl start' forks a watcher process. The
original mailmanctl exits so launchd thinks it only ran for 1 second,
but it's child and all the qrunners are still running.

> after unloading the plist and running mailmanctl -s start again, I get the
> same error as output.
> When I delete these 2 lock files and run mailmanctl start as sudo all is fine.

All is not fine. You have 2 Mailman instances running. See
<https://wiki.list.org/x/4030715>.

I don't know how to set up plist's for launchd. There may be some sort
of daemon option to account for processes that fork a daemon and then exit.

See <https://wiki.list.org/x/4030523> and posts linked therefrom, in
particular
<http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users@python.org/msg56923.html>.
This is for 10.6, and I don't know if 10.11 is different in this respect
or not. I think there is more recent discussion in this list's archives
which you may find by searching at
<http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users@python.org/>.