On 03/30/2017 12:16 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
However: What is the state of Mailman 2 at the moment? I think it is
still supported and developed. But will this change in the near or in
the distant future?

Mailman 2 is definitely end of life. I am the only one actively
supporting it at this point and while I continue to offer help and fix
bugs, it's not what I want to be doing.

Mailman 3 is the future. 3.1 will be released probably after PyCon in
May if not before, and while there will still be some things "missing"
from the web admin UI (Postorius), and the migration tools for 2.1 lists
are still buggy, we think 3.1 will be a viable replacement for Mailman
2.1.

Does 3 yet run on anything other than Linux? The last time I looked at it, it looked to be pretty much Linux-only. (My company's Solaris-based mail servers aren't going away anytime soon.)

           -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA