On Mon, 2017-04-03 at 12:40 -0700, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> So basically, the users that were unsubscribed ignored the fact that
> they weren't receiving list mail and ignored 10 messages informing them
> their delivery was disabled and telling them how to re-enable it.

OK, so I'm in the clear to resubscribe these folks.

> Maybe
> the list is better off without them?

Actually, we try to be gentle with these folks and keep things as
simple as possible. Some of them are pretty non-techie and these
messages probably elicit a hormonal technophobia reaction. I'll just
resubscribe them.

What chaps my dookie is subscribers on AOL and other similar services
who don't bother to even _try_ to unsubscribe if they want off a list
and just hit "Report Spam" and I get an AOL TOS message from which I
have to extract the subscriber address. Not a great problem since I
have the subscriber address AES-encrypted into the Resent-message-ID
header, but still a PITA.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "The first casualty when
FMP Computer Services |         war comes is truth."