Hi all Mailman aficionados,

I have an odd problem with one of my mailing lists. I have added extra text in the welcome_msg field to be send to new members but that field is not used. Instead new members get to see this:

Welkom op de %(real_name)s@%(host_name) maillijst! %(welcome)s
Berichten naar deze lijst kunt u richten aan het volgende adres:

  %(emailaddr)s

Algemene informatie over de maillijst kunt u vinden op:

  %(listinfo_url)s

etc. (it's in Dutch). I assume this is the standard welcome text but as you can see it gives variable names instead of their values. And the text from the welcome_msg field is not used. The send_welcome_msg is switched on and as far as I can see that is the only other option for the welcome message.

Am I missing something? Am I goofing up? Any ideas where to look? Thanks for helping me out. My website and Mailman is on a cPanel hosting server.

Kind regards,

Harmen.