On Tue, 12 Dec 2017 15:39:22 -0800
Mark Sapiro <m...@msapiro.net> wrote:

> On 12/12/2017 03:17 PM, Charles Stroom wrote:
> >
> > I checked the date of all files under /usr/lib/mailman but except 2
> > (the crontab and crontab.in files which have time modifications),
> > they all have the same old 2016 timestamp.  They are apparently
> > unchanged.
>

> The file you want to look at is mm_cfg.py. Looking at
> <https://en.opensuse.org/Mailman> it seems it is
> /usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py and gets built by "SuSEconfig
> -module mailman" based on things in /etc/sysconfig/mailman. If that
> file contains a non-null value for MAILMAN_DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST, I
> suspect the issue has to do with the setting in that file for
> MAILMAN_VIRTUAL_HOSTS, although I don't know what the correct format
> for this is.
>
> Note that adding a new list per se should not change anything in
> mm_cfg.py, so if it hasn't changed, I don't know what the issue is,
> but if you post the contents of
> both /usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py and /etc/sysconfig/mailman, I
> might be able to see something.

The new list was indeed a red herring.  It probably hasn't been working
correctly since the lists were moved to a new PC mid 2016.
/etc/sysconfig/mailman looked OK, but the "SuSEconfig module mailman"
was never executed.  Then I used
/usr/lib/mailman/bin/mailman-generate-sysconfig to regenerate
/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py and compared the new with the old,
and ALL variable settings were missing in the old version.

I did a few tests, including the
/usr/bin/python -S /usr/lib/mailman/cron/checkdbs
and I got my warning mail.

Many thanks,

Charles

--