On 01/05/2018 10:50 AM, Chris PUCHALSKI wrote:

> IncomingRunner.py (portion containing Errors.RejectMessage):
>
>             except Errors.RejectMessage, e:
>                 #mlist.BounceMessage(msg, msgdata, e)
>                 #return 0
>                 # Log this.
>                 syslog('vette', """Message rejected, msgid: %s
>         list: %s, handler: %s, reason: %s""",
>                        msg.get('message-id', 'n/a'),
>                        mlist.real_name, handler, e.notice())
>                 mlist.BounceMessage(msg, msgdata, e)

The next line should be

                return 0

The commented bit

                #mlist.BounceMessage(msg, msgdata, e)
                #return 0

Is all there was in the 2.1.12 base. In 2.1 16 it was changed to

            except Errors.RejectMessage, e:
                # Log this.
                syslog('vette', """Message rejected, msgid: %s
        list: %s,
        handler: %s,
        reason: %s""",
                       msg.get('message-id', 'n/a'),
                       mlist.real_name, handler, e.notice())
                mlist.BounceMessage(msg, msgdata, e)
                return 0

It appears that someone has backported this and possibly dropped the
return which may be the issue. I'm not certain. Without the return 0,
the try: should fall through to the following return 0 anyway, so it
really shouldn't matter. Also, if this is a RedHat change and it is the
reason, I'm sure there would have been more complaints by now.

I'm pretty much out of ideas at this point. If you want to tar up the
entire /var/lib/mailman/Mailman directory and send it to me off list,
I'll try to duplicate the issue. Other than that, I don't know what more
to try.