On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 11:41:28AM -0800, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> On 01/22/2018 11:20 AM, Grant Taylor via Mailman-Users wrote:
> >
> > So, I think Thunderbird's new default is going to cause messages to go
> > back to the author, ignoring the Reply-To.
>
> That's correct.
>
> > I can see how this could be annoying as a message author who wants
> > messages to be directed to the mailing list, particularly if I set the
> > Reply-To to be the mailing list.  *sigh*
>
> The T'bird developers view is that in these cases, you are offered a
> "Reply List" button and therefore, if you use "Reply" instead of "Reply
> List" you must want the reply to go somewhere other than the list.

Its worse than that: what about people who intentionally set the Reply
To header on *non-mailing list* emails?

E.g. if I'm about to go on holiday, I might reply to a work email:

"Please send replies to f...@example.com"

(which, of course, business email users don't read or pay attention to)
and set the Reply To to ensure that replies go to Fred.

--
Steve