Yahoo's lack of outbound communication, and the 5xy rejection code for an active user make unravelling this more of a challenge than it need be.

--
 Tim

On 03/16/2018 01:57 PM, Jim Dory wrote:
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: MAILER-DAEMON@domain2.example
To: nome-announce-bounces@domain1.example
Bcc:
Subject: Delivery failure
Message from domain2.example.
Unable to deliver message to the following address(es).

<redacted1@domain2.example <redacted2@domain2.example>>:
This user doesn't have a domain2.example account (redacted1@domain2.example
<redacted2@domain2.example>) [0]

Okay.  That seems like a generic "non existent user" type response.

(I've snipped the address)

;-)

I got this delivery failure on perhaps 30 yahoo users over the last couple
days, and it is repeating. When I write to any of the users personally,
they respond that - yes, they are still there.

Okay. So Yahoo is returning 5xy errors that make it seem like the recipient address is invalid for known good recipient addresses.

It sounds like some sort of filtering is either mis-behaving or poorly configured to me.

Has there been any noise about Yahoo on mailop about this new behavior?

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die