On 05/31/2018 03:05 PM, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:
What exactly is it about mailman usernames and passwords that you are trying to protect with HTTPS?

I wasn't talking about Mailman usernames (email addresses) and passwords. I was talking about the usernames and passwords for Basic HTTP(S) authentication. As in authenticating to the web server and having it control who can access the Mailman Web UI.

There's always the fact that HTTPS (SSL/TLS) protects both sets of credentials.

I was replying to the original poster, Michael P., suggesting that HTTP(S)'s Basic Authentication can be used to protect the Mailman Web UI.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die