On 10/08/2018 04:52 AM, Bernie Cosell wrote:
> Every morning I get two identical copies of the "moderator requests waiting".
>  It
> isn't a big deal but I'm wondering why.  I first thought it was sending one
> copy to
> the owner and one copy to the moderator [I had me in as both], so I removed
> me
> from moderator -- now there's no moderator and only the owner and still I get
> two copies.   Did I misconfigure something?

Identical including all headers? If so, I don't know what the issue
would be, but it could be some filter rule in your MUA creating the
duplicate. Also, Mailman's smtp log and the MTA log may have clues. The
notice is sent first to the LIST-owner address, and then received by
Mailman and resent to the owner and moderator addresses.

If there are differences in headers, examine them for clues.

One likely possibility is you have both a system crontam and a Mailman
user crontab running Mailman's cron/checkdbs. It doesn't matter which
you have, but there should only be one.