In article <e328f9e0-40c9-53ec-2988-4e5ddc0ac...@gmail.com> you write:
>Dear all,
>
>I today saw three bounces where the receiving mail server had said:
>
>host mail.gfbv.de[185.199.217.16] said: 550 external MTA
>    sending our header From:  XXXX <x...@gfbv.de> (in reply to
>    end of DATA command)
>
>The SPF record for gfbv.de is
>
>gfbv.de.               86400   IN      TXT     "v=spf1 mx
>a:epicmail1.newsaktuell.net ~all"
>
>I am not sure, whether mailman 2 has any workaround for this like for
>the DMARC issue
>
>Can anyone spot, whether there is something wrong with the SPF record?
>Whose fault is it?

Theirs.  That message says they apparently have a policy of rejecting
any incoming mail with their domain on the From: line.  They can do
that if they want, but it means that none of their users can
participate in mailing lists.

I suppose you could further screw up your list and do DMARC rewrites
even for domains without DMARC policies, but I'd suggest contacting
whoever is subscribed there and encourage him or her to subscribe from
an address that isn't gratuitiously hostile to mailing lists.

Regards,
John Levine, jo...@iecc.com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",