On 9/17/2019 1:37 PM, Kevin Bowen wrote:
Hello,
One of my instance's lists is apparently getting spammed with subscription
requests from addresses outside my org. In sender filters, for
reject_these_nonmembers I put ^(?!.*(example)\.com$) [actual domain
redacted], but the requests still get through to the moderation queue. Do
the sender filters apply only to posts, not to subscription requests? If
so, is there any way to automatically reject subscription requests based on
a regex?

Use milter-regex. <https://linux.die.net/man/8/milter-regex> Very flexible.  Chances are you want to keep these guys out of more than your request address but milter-regex could be fine tuned for one specific address or pattern of addresses.  Like:

|# filter requests from GMAIL
reject "Your requests offend me."||
||envrcpt /-requ...@lists.ziobro.info/||
||and||
||envfrom /@gmail.com/|

The offending message will never even get on your machine.  In general you want to filter in the SMTP stream before an undesireable message gets on to your machine.  Once a message gets put into Mailman there is the potential of backscatter.

Ciao,

//Z\\