On 4/24/20 2:36 PM, csa--- via Mailman-Users wrote:
> Ubuntu 16, Mailman 2.1.20, postfix 3.1.0
>
> I'm running several mailing lists each with a virtual domain. I set up DKIM
> for lists.domainname.tld but am getting DKIM signature missing at
> https://dkimvalidator.com . It's saying it wants a DKIM for
> hostname.domainname.tld. When I look at the mail log I see entries like this

The configuration of opendkim is outside the scope of this list. As an
example however, the server that sends this list's mail is
mail.python.org, but it dkim signs from the python.org domain.

In any case, the public key text record needs to be in DNS at
sss._domainkey.ddd where sss is the selector and ddd is the domain in
the DKIM signature.

> Apr 19 07:49:42 hostname opendkim[1738]: 091CE1205AE: s=ppsdkim d=ucsf.edu
> SSL error:04091068:rsa routines:INT_RSA_VERIFY:bad signature
>
> Apr 24 09:25:31 hostname opendkim[1738]: 3B7CA120431: s=mail
> d=domainname.tld SSL error:04091068:rsa routines:INT_RSA_VERIFY:bad
> signature
>
> Lastly, I'm confused by the term in the Mailman interface of  ' host_name'
> where it says

...> Is the host-name literal for my server? Right now I have it set at
> lists.domainname.tld. Is that incorrect?

Mailman's host_name setting should be the domain to wich you send list
mail. If the list's posting address is listn...@lists.domainname.tld,
then lists.domainname.tld is correct, but if you post to
listn...@domainname.tld, then host_name should be domainname.tld.

> Finally, my mailing list distribution success is mixed. Some users get them,
> while others do not.

And without information from the failed recipients ISPs as to why they
discarded or spam filtered the mail, you won't know why, unless of
course they outright bounce it in which case the reason should be in the
bounce DSNs.