On Mon, Dec 07, 2020 at 04:08:28PM +0000, Jonathan M wrote:
> More generally, does anyone in the Mailman world have an opinion on
> Mailgun and similar services?

Because Mailgun is US-owned and therefore subject to the Cloud Act,
using Mailgun (or any other US-owned SaaS) may cause GDPR issues.
Depends whose personal data you would be giving to Mailgun; what kind of
data; justifications for giving it to them, etc.

See, e.g.:

https://europeanlawblog.eu/2020/07/21/after-schrems-ii-uncertainties-on-the-legal-basis-for-data-transfers-and-constitutional-implications-for-europe/

https://www.jdsupra.com/legalnews/in-wake-of-the-schrems-ii-cnil-97977/

If any of your users are EU/EEA residents, you might therefore prefer to
use a system under the ultimate control of an entity based in the
EU/EEA.

(I wouldn't say I'm "in the Mailman world" except that I use Mailman
sometimes.  But I hope you don't mind me making the point above, because
it's an important one that might otherwise not get mentioned.)

--
A: When it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: When is top-posting a bad thing?

()  ASCII ribbon campaign. Please avoid HTML emails & proprietary
/\  file formats. (Why? See e.g. https://v.gd/jrmGbS ). Thank you.