Bader, Robert (Bob) writes:

 > But I am also just checking to see what the
 > advantages/disadvantages there are for going to mailman 3 over 2.
 > Sure 2 is no longer being developed,

Neither is Python 2, which is far more worrying given that Mailman is
an Internet-facing application.  Among other things, I'm pretty sure
the TLS protocols are not being updated.  YMMV on that, but I advise
you to check and think about your plans for the future.  You wouldn't
want to wake up one day and find that something doesn't work because
Python 2 doesn't support a recent enough version of TLS or something.
I'm not an expert on this, I'm just suggesting 15 minutes of paranoid
Googling may save you an unpleasant surprise.

 > *   Also in looking in the documentation states “Some configuration
 >     and settings aren’t available in Mailman 3’s UI yet,”  is there
 >     a list of what is not available?

No, and it's a rapidly moving target anyway.  Whatever list we give
you now will (a) be invalid next week, and (b) not include some of the
deficiencies in an early 2020 Mailman 3 that have since been
implemented.  Current releases have most of the settings people use as
far as I know, especially in core.  Postorius is a little behind, and
HyperKitty is a completely different application from pipermail so I
doubt a comparison would be meaningful.

 > *   What OS have distro packages for Mailman 3  ready to go?

None, really.  Debian and Fedora both have packages, but they are
quite far behind the current release.  They may be servicable for your
purpose, but that's not something I can advise on without more
information about your requirements and the version of Mailman that's
in the distro-of-choice package.

Steve