Hi Mark,
many thanks for your reply
Eventually I managed to reach the person who had created the list and he said that the list name that he gave to me had a typo!
So problem solved (for now!)

Regards
Antonio

El 26/06/2021 a las 7:46, Mark Sapiro escribió:

On 6/25/21 4:39 AM, Cambium wrote:
Hi
a mailing list was created with MM2.1 by a another person and I am the list administrator. This list was created empty
so I started inviting people to join.
However, when I started to send trial messages to the list I received this error message:

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:
   assemb...@llistes.ruderal.cat
    host llistes.ruderal.cat [159.69.3.30] SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<assemb...@llistes.ruderal.cat>:      550 5.1.1  <assemb...@llistes.ruderal.cat>:Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table
I don't understand why, especially because the unknown user's address is my address which is part of the users mailing list. Can anyone help understand why this happens and how to fix it? (right now I don't have access to the person who initially created the list)
Best regards

The user that's unknown is not you. It is the list assemb...@llistes.ruderal.cat.

If your MTA is Postfix as it appears to be and you are using Mailman's Postfix integration as described at https://www.list.org/mailman-install/node12.html and its subsections, this shouldn't happen.

If you are manually creating aliases and virtual mappings for your Mailman lists, you need to add the aliases and virtual mappings for this list.

If you need further help, please provide the output from

postconf -n

so we can see your Postfix configuration.

Antonio Scotti
Formador, Consultor y Diseñador de Permacultura
Diploma en Diseño Aplicado de Permacultura
Tutor en la Academia de Permacultura Íbera <3D"https://academiapermaculturaibera.org/";> Facilitador curso GEDS (Gaia Education Design for Sustainability) <3D"https://www.gaiaeducation.org/elearning-programmes/design-for-sustainability-es/";> As. Cambium Permacultura en Formación <3D"https://permacultura-es.org/index.php?option=3Dcom_content&vi=>
FB <3D"https://www.facebook.com/antonio.scotti.129/";>
Webmaster de Permacultura-es.org <https://www.permacultura-es.org>

--
El software de antivirus Avast ha analizado este correo electrónico en busca de
virus.