On 07/28/21 15:24, Karl Berry wrote:
> 2) At least in my cases, the floods try to subscribe the same address
> over and over (and over and ...). It occurs to me that mailman could
> silently discard a request to subscribe an address f...@bar.com if
> out the confirmation request. Would this be doable? Mark, anyone?

You can probably do this with a procmail filter before anything hits
mailman itself. (I filter spam this way.) I have not worked out the
details. But the procmail recipe would run a script that would extract
the email address from the message, call it "Fromaddress", and then

grep Fromaddress /var/log/mailman/subscribe | grep pending

and then if that is empty, pass the subscribe message on to the usual
place (which, for me is

|/etc/smrsh/mailman join [name of list]

(This is the line in procmailrc that does it.)

Otherwise send the message to spam or /dev/null

Sorry about not working out the details, but I thought it might be
better to say something rather than nothing.

Jon
Home page: https://www.sas.upenn.edu/~baron
Associate webmaster: sjdm.org