On 3/27/22 12:02, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

Getting rid of the poster address in Reply-To requires patching the
code.  We are not going to change this in Mailman 2, for sure.  The
general sense of the developers is that it's a bad idea to completely
remove the poster's address, and they can work around with no-dupes,
so we probably will not change it in Mailman 3 either.

We actually try to ensure that both reply and reply-all to a message with a munged From: do the same thing as they would without From: munging. See <https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mailman-coders/mailman/2.1/view/head:/Mailman/Handlers/CookHeaders.py#L211> To this end if the lists reply_goes_to_list setting is This list or Explicit Address The Poster's address is added to Cc:, and not to Reply-To:.

So the bottom line here is if you have reply_goes_to_list set to This list and the poster's address ends up in Reply-To:, either the poster's address is in Reply-To: in the incoming mail and first_strip_reply_to is No, or more likely, dreamhost's Mailman version is older than 2.1.19 and doesn't have this fix <https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/1407098>.

Note that 2.1.19 was released over 7 years ago.