On Jun 22, 2022, at 2:14 PM, Mark Sapiro
<m...@msapiro.net<mailto:m...@msapiro.net>> wrote:

On 6/22/22 11:16, Bruce Johnson via Mailman-Users wrote:
We have numerous lists set as announcement lists by setting all members as
moderated. However the moderators are not getting notifications for held
messages; only the list owner is getting the notifications.
This is a new-ish phenomenon, since I know they used to be sent to all the
moderators, too.
I can see the held messages in the vette logfile, and the smtp logfile shows
the message to the list owner being sent, twice, but that’s it.

This is very strange. You see two entries in the smtp log because the notice is
first sent to listname-ow...@example.com<mailto:listname-ow...@example.com> and
then Mailman receives that message and resends it to the list's owners and
moderators. Unless you have some change in Mailman/Handlers/OwnerRecips.py, I
don't see how this can not include the moderators.

What is the content of the list's moderator setting?

The list administrator email addresses. Multiple administrator addresses, each
on separate line is okay.
(Details for
owner)<https://lists.pharmacy.arizona.edu/mailman/admin/faculty/?VARHELP=general/owner>
The list moderator email addresses. Multiple moderator addresses, each on
separate line is okay.
(Details for
moderator)<https://lists.pharmacy.arizona.edu/mailman/admin/faculty/?VARHELP=general/moderator>

Anonymized but they are all valid addresses.

We have a service account created for all list ownership that goes to our it
ticketing system.

I have never messed with that afaik:

more /usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/OwnerRecips.py
# Copyright (C) 2001-2018 by the Free Software Foundation, Inc.
#
# This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
# modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
# as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
# of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
#
#
# along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
# Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA.

"""Calculate the list owner recipients (includes moderators).
"""

^L
def process(mlist, msg, msgdata):
    # The recipients are the owner and the moderator
    msgdata['recips'] = mlist.owner + mlist.moderator
    # Don't decorate these messages with the header/footers
    msgdata['nodecorate'] = 1
    msgdata['personalize'] = 0

I know that getting mlist.moderator works because one of my other scripts uses
a withlist command that gets the owners and moderators.

Not sure what the ^L is in there, though….

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona