I deleted a bunch of old lists on our server a while back; found any list that
had no messages in the last two years and deleted via rmlist,  but first I
copied all the list files in /var/lib/mailman/lists to a different archive
directory, just in case.

Now 3 months later I’ve gotten a question from someone about "where did this
list go?”

How can I restore the list? Is it just a matter of creating a new list with the
old name, then replacing the files in that directory with the archived ones? Or
will just restprign the directory to /var/lib/mailman/lists suffice? It was not
being archived so that is not an issue.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona