I don't think I've seen this discussed before although it's hard to search
for, so maybe it has been and I just can't find it.

My monthly reminder texts (cronpass.txt) are heavily customized. The only
line breaks in the cronpass.txt file are at the ends of paragraphs, etc.

When the reminders go out, they wrap around 70 characters on the desktop,
which is fine. It looks as if Mailman has inserted a hard line break there.

On my phone (Gmail app), they wrap at 70 characters horizontally, but on a
narrower vertical screen, it's pretty ugly, because of the hard line break
at 70 characters:

------

This is a reminder, sent out once a month, about your
discussion list
subscriptions at the XXXXXXXXXX (xxx.xxxxxx.xxx) website.

You can visit https://xxx.xxxxxx.xxx/xxxxxxxxx to change
your
subscription settings for any list. You will need to login to
the
website first using the "Sign in" link at the top right of any
page.
Be sure that you login as the user whose email address
matches your
list subscription.

------

The only solution I can think of is to insert hard breaks in cronpass.txt
around the 50-character mark but I'm hoping there's a better way. (I know,
upgrade to Mailman 3. It's slowly working its way up the to-do list.)

This is Mailman 2.1.38 on cPanel.