On 12/30/22 15:16, Robert Wertheimer via Mailman-Users wrote:
    I'm managing 2 mail lists using MM 2.1.38 in cpanel.  I set up a list
    last year and another list in the last couple months.  As far as I can
    tell, both lists have the same options set in general.  However, the
    new list has a very nice "From:"  header format showing the full name
    of the person who posted, "Via", and the name of the list.  The older
    list always just says the name of the list in the "From:" header.
    Can't seem to find a way to change this behavior to match the first
    list.  I've looked through the help files and Wiki and have come up
    empty.

For the older list, is General Options -> anonymous_list set to Yes? I can't think of anything else that would cause this difference.

On the newer list, the "From:" header format showing the full name of the person who posted, "Via", and the name of the list. is most likely because General Options -> from_is_list is set to Munge From, but could also be because Privacy options... -> Sender filters -> dmarc_moderation_action is Munge From but that would only apply to posts from users in a domain that publishes a DMARC policy of reject or quarantine.

In the absence of those settings, i.e., from_is_list = No and dmarc_moderation_action = Accept, the From: header should not be changed from the incoming post unless anonymous_list is Yes