Greetings all -

My current build is running Mailman version: 2.1.20, on a long-in-the-tooth
Scientific Linux release 7.9 (Nitrogen), with sendmail

I'd like to go RHEL9, and Mailman 3.3.8 (Tom Sawyer), with postfix, on a new
parallel VM -
plan is to build a parallel server, same hostname, different IP, migrate all
data/archives and billing info (we have that scripted), then do a dns change to
point to the new IP after testing.

Are there any means of scripted migration from old to new?
Can I go from 2.1.20 direct to 3.3.8 - or do I need to go to 2.1.39 as an
intermediate first?

It's a service we provide, and we like to keep the our level of interaction to
a minimum, so 2.1.20 was the first built "I" did back when RHEL7/SL7 was in
it's early days.  Going latest would fill that mold for us for a while.

I'm currently looking at the wiki.list.org, but am having troubles locating
Mailman3. version Site Admin doc - they seem to be v2.1 - I could be missing
them. I'm old.

–

Jeff Westgate

UNIX/Linux Support Team Lead

Transformation and Shared Services, Division of Information Systems

501.682.5231 ofc | 501.412.6542 cell | 501.682.4310 fax