Hi Tom
So far as I know, there is no way to disable this feature. There is
almost certainly a way to reset your past usage history. Benny (the
author) will know.
I have not encountered any behaviour like you describe. There is
nothing
random about the behaviour for me. I have five accounts and several
of
those have aliases, so I could send from any of about 10 addresses.
When I create a message, the sending ID is initially set to the
account
currently selected in the message viewer, e.g. if a message in
account A is
selected, then the ID of my new message is set to A.
The first address I type determines my sending ID after that, so if I
type
in an address I have most recently sent to using account B, my
sending ID
is changed to B. Subsequent addresses do not change this, unless I
delete
the first and type a new one.
So far, nothing random.
If I now wish to send to this person that I most recently wrote to
from
account B, using account C, I can do that by selecting from the the
pop-up
at the top of the composer window (or use ctrl-cmd-i which is what I
use to
select addresses). Then the message is sent from account C. So far,
not
random.
I do not know why you have four accounts, but I do because two are
for
distinct jobs I do, one is my main address for most communication
with the
outside world and one is for friends and family. I find this feature
super
useful, indeed it is one of the most winning features of MailMate.
95% of
the time or more, I only want to email work colleagues from my work
addresses and my friends and family from the account for that.
MailMate
makes that happen now with almost zero intervention and no need to
remember
to check from which account I am sending.
You say that the addresses change without asking. That is not my
experience. My experience is that it is deterministic along the
lines
above. Maybe Benny can suggest a way to reset your history and that
will
help. However, if you are fairly consistent, the patterns should
quickly
stabilise.
That said, to emphasise, if you change the sending ID in the composer
*after* you have put in your first destination address, MailMate will
behave just like Mail and other email apps. It will not change the
sending
account.
David.
On 15 Apr 2013, at 0:26, Tom wrote:
Hi David,
I'm pasting my original message below, to keep the thread organized.
I am not meddling with address patterns and the Regex feature.
It just changes the addresses without asking.
I actually don't see how this could be useful.
I want to be the only one to choose what address a mail should be
sent
from.
Even if some day I decide to use the "personal" address to write to
a
person who
I've alway contacted using the "work" address, I should be free to
do so.
No automatic address switching.
Is there any way to disable it?
Thank you for your feedback,
Tom
On 14/apr/2013, 08:27, David Levy <[email protected]>:
On 13 Apr 2013, at 19:15, Alberto Caporro wrote:
in my experience MM change the "From" address when you add a
recipient;
depending on your previous usage pattern it decides which address
to
use.
I've still not been able to get a reasonable behaviour for this
function;
no matter whatever I've tried, wrong address still are selected
for
outgoing emails.
Furthermore, it seems to interact in a very nasty way with the
"Address
pattern" feature, if activated; I'm going to submit a bug report
to
Benny
as soon as I find a few minutes to collect the relevant
screenshots.
I am surprised to hear you say this. In my experience this
functionality, which I believe is unique to MailMate, works
exceptionally
well for me. I have avoided having to change my sending identity
hundreds,
maybe thousands of times, because of this. It has also saved me
from
sending from the wrong address many, many times. I wonder in what
way it
is producing the wrong results?
Perhaps you have unusual addressing patterns, which is why I ask.
Maybe
you're doing something I should be doing.
I am not familiar, I think, with the "address pattern" feature, so
cannot comment.
David.
______________________________**_________________
mailmate mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.freron.com/**listinfo/mailmate<http://lists.freron.com/listinfo/mailmate>
Original message:
Hi, I'm a new user.
So far everything is great except for a no-go problem: Mailmate
randomly
changes the sender address of my messages.
I've set it up with 4 mail boxes:
- yahoo
- gmail
- personal IMAP account (domain A)
- personal IMAP account (domain B)
Quite often, when I send a message using one specific address in the
"FROM" field (and now I triple check every time), Mailmate decides
to
change it with another one and sends the message with from the wrong
mailbox.
I've already verified that this is not a local problem (e.g. mixed
labels
in the GUI): these "swaps" appear on the remote IMAP directories as
well.
Is it some sort of hidden option I haven't noticed? Am I doing
something
wrong?
Can it be fixed?
Thank you for your help.
All the best,
Tom___________________________**____________________
mailmate mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.freron.com/**listinfo/mailmate<http://lists.freron.com/listinfo/mailmate>
______________________________**_________________
mailmate mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.freron.com/**listinfo/mailmate<http://lists.freron.com/listinfo/mailmate>