On 15 May 2013, at 18:12, David Vereschagin wrote:

I know I can edit the text that precedes quoted text, but how can I just turn it off? I find I'm deleting it from most of my messages because I'm just replying to the sender.

I don't think I quite understand that. In my mind the only case where the wrote-string is not needed is if you do not quote anything and that should be pretty rare (and then you need to cut the quoted text anyways).

Or do you cut the wrote-string whenever only two people are part of the correspondence? In that case I think you should reconsider. In my opinion, it is still helpful to easily see who wrote what when :-)

I've turned it into a blank string, but that still gives me two blank lines at the head of every reply.

I guess if it is blank then I should leave out the blank lines (I'll note that).

You could also replace it with something like `'Dear ${from.name.first},'` if that is what you are doing anyways...

--
Benny
_______________________________________________
mailmate mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.freron.com/listinfo/mailmate

Reply via email to