On 15 May 2013, at 23:16, Gustavo Daniel Villarreal wrote:
What is the mechanism that decides the setting for Markdown/No markdown on a reply/forward message? New messages always have Markdown. I'm finding that I'm constantly having to choose Markdown, as I write mostly markdown messages. Could there be a setting to make this always Markdown or more clearly show when markdown is automatically selected?
It is a tricky problem to determine whether or not Markdown can be enabled for a reply. The replied text might contain syntax which is interpreted to be Markdown syntax without the original writer intending it to be so.
MailMate handles it by doing a conversion of the quoted text to HTML as if it was Markdown text. If any non-trivial HTML is in the resulting HTML then Markdown is disabled, because it indicates non-intended use of Markdown. This is heuristic and it might be a bit too conservative as it is now. For examples, replies to this mailing list (to plain text messages) are always non-Markdown by default. This is because the footer results in both a horizontal ruler and some links in HTML (this could be avoided if I had implemented automatic stripping of footers, but that is a different story).
-- Benny _______________________________________________ mailmate mailing list [email protected] http://lists.freron.com/listinfo/mailmate
