On 30 Jan 2015, at 18:00, [email protected] wrote:

I had created a script for this using Automator once. Not for inline images but for another purpose. What I ended up with was a service menu option to resize the image and save it in a particular format.

Thanks, Curtis. LaunchBar provides very convenient Actions for easily resizing images. You select an image in the Finder, Instant Send it to LaunchBar, and type a few keys so the Resize to 75%, 50%, 25%, etc Actions appear. It's pretty easy.

Hopefully, that could provide a stopgap or ease the current potential tedium Esteban?

But the tedium (good word) I see with that workflow in MailMate is: I drag'n'drop the image to my mail message. The Preview shows the inline image is too big. So I have to remove the image attached, go back to the file in the Finder, resize a copy using LaunchBar, drag it back to the mail message and hope it has the right size. If it doesn't, go back through all steps again. I have given up using inline images because of that, I just send them as attachments and lose the visual advantage that inline images provide.

That's why I think the best way would be to use the Markdown syntax and be able to resize the view of the inline image directly in the mail message. But I have no idea how to do that, of course.

Thanks to all.

Esteban Umerez
_______________________________________________
mailmate mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.freron.com/listinfo/mailmate

Reply via email to