Am I misunderstanding how searching works? Specifically, with multiple search queries?

E.g., I entered "from:tary body:updated" into the search field and pressed enter. The blue bar at the top of the message list now displays

From contains "tary" and Body contains "updated"

which describes exactly what I was looking for, but the results list is empty, despite the fact that--prior to the executing the query--I was looking at a message that should have satisfied that query .

Single queries seem to work OK, but that leaves me with a lot of stuff to sift through, so I was trying to narrow down the results, but zero results is a little *too* narrow.

randy