On 7 Mar 2016, at 15:02, Zvi Biener wrote:

Does anyone know/can explain the logic of the "offline" designation of sources?

When an account is “offline” then MailMate does not synchronize any of its mailboxes. It's like having the machine offline.

Very few types of problems should lead to the “offline” state and most often it shouldn't happen until after the user has been warned about some kind of synchronization issue.

Occasionally, some of my account go "offline". I only realize this a day or two after the fact, usually. My sources are effectively hidden below a large list of mailboxes, and I only realize that they are offline when I imagine that I should have received more mail than I have. Many times, I see the sources try to go online whenever the network is up, but in some cases they just don't. If I understand the logic, perhaps I can see when I need to check/not check. Importantly, this often applies only to gmail accounts.

This fits an issue which I've tried to fix today. Gmail (and Outlook) accounts using the OAuth2 authentication method could some times automatically go offline. For some users it is triggered quite often. I'm not yet sure why, but it might be related to an unstable network connection or (maybe more likely) the OS X Power Nap feature.

Try the latest test release and let me know if (or if not) that helps.