On 1 Sep 2016, at 14:11, Billy Youdelman wrote:

2. If I delete that message while it’s open, no message is left selected. I’d rather the next message in the thread get selected.

...and opened, regardless if the message list is threaded. Yes, yes, yes - this would be extremely helpful for me.

I wouldn’t want it opened if it weren’t in the same thread, but I can see that others might. I think this is a preference in other mail apps, “Open next message on delete” vel sim.

I also realize that the two scenarios I described are mutually exclusive. That is, if the entire thread opens in one window when I hit enter, then there’s no need to select the next message when I delete one, since that message is already there in the multi-message window.

John