On 2 Sep 2016, at 1:53, Scott A. McIntyre mailm...@howyagoin.net  wrote:

After upgrading to the latest beta, and re-authenticating all of my accounts, the prompts have gone away.

This may be a clue (or it may be nothing).

I just installed and activated a VPN, a little over an hour before these google messages came rolling in. All of the messages listed the location of the 'culprit' as New York (I am in the midwest) and I know the VPN hides my actual location. So I'm just wondering if the perceived location change is what triggered google to balk. I'll leave the determination of that to those of you who understand this stuff better than I do.

__*Richard Rettke*__
*Laus Deo*
*Non sibi sed patriae*

https://about.me/rerettke