On 7 Sep 2016, at 10:45, Shoshanna Green wrote:

On 7 Sep 2016, at 10:11, Patrik Fältström wrote:

On 7 Sep 2016, at 15:47, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

On 7 Sep 2016, at 9:54, Patrik Fältström wrote:

One thing that I think it was Eudora that introduced, was to add a "signature" at the beginning of the message body that read:

"IMPORTANT! This message has been blind-carbon-copied to you. Do not reply-to-all or forward it without the author's permission."

I guess that makes sense, but it's not so easily added to MailMate.

Honestly, BCC is risky enough, even with a warning like that, that I generally don't use it. If I want to secretly loop someone in on an email I'm sending to someone else, I usualy send the message and then forward my own copy of it to the person I might have BCCed. All the benefits of secret backchannel communication, none of the risks of getting outed by an accidental reply-all ;)

That's what I do, too, which suggests an even more stringent mechanism: put the original To/Cc lines into the body of the bcc copy. Yes, it's an extra SMTP, but so is doing it manually.