On 19.09.2016 at 14:42 Uhr +0200 Benny Kjær Nielsen apparently wrote:
Note that although MailMate follows some conventions when handling junk mail (such as marking them automatically $Junk when they are moved to the Junk mailbox) then this might not happen when using other email client. They might use less standard keywords or nothing at all.

I do not use any other IMAP client. My other client is POP only. As far as I know, it marks the mails only as read on the server. MailMate must be moving them later to the junk mailbox - I am turning on Mailmate only sporadically.

Ok, you can use the following line in a Terminal window to create a sample report for me (off list):

sample MailMate 5 -f ~/Desktop/sample_mailmate.txt

(Do it while MailMate is hanging.)

After those long hangs that I reported, I keep getting the pizza spinning but too short each time for me to switch to terminal and execute the command. If I catch it, I send it to you.

Yes, you can do ridiculously complex things with smart mailboxes, but I would certainly recommend to try to keep it as simple as possible.

It is not so simple to make it simple when the incoming stuff is complicated and not orthogonal.

Robert