On 20 Sep 2016, at 16:25, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

On 20 Sep 2016, at 18:49, Paul Hoffman wrote:

(And, yes, I really wish I could get that last account working in MailMate, but that's between me and my IT department...)

If it's an IMAP account then I can attempt to work around whatever the issue is. I already do this for hundreds of other IMAP server issues.

Every time I've encountered someone who needed to keep using Mail.app for "one account at work" where they grumble about the company IT department, the explanation is an Exchange server with IMAP disabled, intentionally. This is an actual thing people do...

On the bright side, in-house Exchange is dying out and I've never stumbled across any way to disable IMAP in the Office365 "Exchange" admin interface.