On 27 Sep 2016, at 9:09, Rob McBroom wrote:

On 26 Sep 2016, at 15:34, John D. Muccigrosso wrote:

When the box pops up to select a mailbox to move the selected message into, it takes only one click to make the move. That is, select and move are both combined. I keep expecting to have to double click and therefore move two messages.

Reasonable people can disagree, but I think it’s supposed to be as fast a process as possible, so the current behavior seems fine to me.

Honestly, my first thought was “You can use the mouse on that window?” Have you given the keyboard a try there? The search is Quicksilver-like so you can get the folder you want very quickly. For example, to select “Inbox → Work Account”, you could just type “iwac” (or less) then hit ↩.

Fair enough. I do use the keyboard to find the right mailbox, but not to activate it.

On the clicking, I can’t think of a similar interface where you click once to select & implement something from a box like that (though to be honest, that box isn’t very Mac-like at all, is it?).

Speed-wise, a double click is a tiny bit slower than a single one, sure, but that box just screams “double-click!” at me and my muscle memory takes over. In fact I just did it again while testing even though I know how it works! :-)

Another thing: once the move has been effectuated, the box should close. It looks to me like if I click on a mailbox, it stays open (not sure why), but if I hit return or double-click, it closes.

So, in my book, very odd behavior in several ways.

I assume the other similar interfaces work similarly (like go-to-mailbox).

John