On 30 Nov 2016, at 8:59, Simon Kaplan wrote:

Recently I started intermittently having the problem that when I send email from my office365 account using MailMate, I get this error:

Timeout when setting up SSL/TLS.

Retrying tends to send the message without any problems. I don’t recall having this problem with any of my google accounts.

If anyone has any suggestions for overcoming this, I’d be most grateful.

I'll need some logs to analyze the issue in more detail. Keep the Activity Viewer open (⌥⌘0) and when you have seen the issue once or twice then use “Help ▸ Send Server Logs”. Then I'll review them.

--
Benny