On 3 Feb 2017, at 19:32, Martin Guddat wrote:

I am looking for a way to automate reponding to email without getting to generic, so I want to give a proper greeting as well as matching salutation. For this I would like to use something like templates. For a given response I would have to select from a set of options (salutation male/femame/unknown, formal or informal greeting etc) and fill the template with data I get from the mail.

I found some discussion on templates and mail merge as well as some notes from Benny on "Commands" 19 Jan 2014, at 16:22) but nothing conclusive. Is there more available on this topic or anyone minds to share his workflow on things like this?

One quick and dirty solution is to use a utility like TextExpander to handle this and similar problems in other apps.

= jem