On 1 Jul 2017, at 23:03, Robert Brenstein wrote:

Re 1. The automatic mailing list recognition is not reliable enough. I tried getting it to work but then opted to just create a manual setup: a smart mailbox for each mailing list and an encompassing smart mailbox that shows all lists together. A bit of work if you have many lists but 100% reliability (among my lists, I had to use different criteria to identify mails from various lists — because of different mailing software and different list setups).

Since I prefer to keep my INBOX free from mailing list mails, I let my IMAP-Provider sort mailinglists into mailboxes (Maillinglisten/<listname>) mostly by list-id. In MailMate I use a smart folder with following settings:

Conditions:
        Source->Path contains Mailinglisten
Submailboxes:
        Source->Path->Noinbox
        Mailbox name format: ${#source.path.noinbox/Mailinglisten\///}

--
regards
Mike